Stroud Book Festival Competition Rules
This competition is being run by Stroud Book Festival, Stroud Library & Stroud High School (the Organisers).
- Wednesday 20th September – Competition opens for entries (“Opening Date”)
- Tuesday 31st October – Competition closes for entries at 5pm (“Closing Date”)
- Friday 3rd November – Winners notified and invited to the Cressida Cowell event at Stroud Book Festival (“Results Date”)
- Sunday 12th November – Announcement of winners at Cressida Cowell event (“Winner Announcement”)
- Creativity and originality
The consent form provided must be filled in and signed by a parent or guardian, which will be taken as permission to enter the competition. Proof of identity and eligibility may also be required. By signing the consent form the parent or guardian will be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering for the competition on behalf their child.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
HOW TO ENTER:
- The child must complete the competition entry form provided to participate in this competition.
- Each entry should include a drawing inspired by Cressida Cowell’s How to Train Your Dragon and text about the child’s creation.
- The completed competition entry form should be dropped off at Stroud Library or photographed, or scanned, and sent by email before the Closing Date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entrants must be between the ages of 7 and 18 years old (as at the Closing Date) to enter this competition.
- Any entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Only 1 entry per child is allowed. Duplicate entries will be discounted.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The parent or guardian of entrants must provide their name, telephone number, email address, the name of the child, the child’s age and the name of their school on the form provided.
WINNERS AND ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Winners will be invited to Cressida Cowell’s event at Stroud Book Festival as a guest of the festival, with one parent or guardian.
- The winners will NOT be granted access to the rest of the Stroud Book Festival, unless booked separately.
- The winners must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
- Each prize is not transferable. Any declared winner who is not able to attend the event must contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
- The Organisers will appoint a panel of judges to judge the entries. The judges’ decisions are final.
- The parent or guardian of the winners will be contacted after the Results Date using the phone number provided on the consent form.
- The name of each winner will be announced and made public. Photos of the winners attending the Cressida Cowell event at the Stroud Book Festival may be publicised on the Organiser’s websites and social media pages. Given this, after each winner is selected, their parent or guardian will be contacted on the contact details provided to give their written consent.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE:
- The parent or guardian of the winners will need to collect their prize from the following address: Subscription Rooms, George Street, Stroud, GL5 1AE.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf, unless they give their consent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Organisers will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winners. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize by 12 November from the location listed in paragraph 4(a), the Organisers reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant, which will be selected by the panel of judges.
- The competition is free to enter.
- The Organisers reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition and to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of English courts.