Laurie Lee Prize for Writing
How to Enter
- Entries should be uploaded to our website here. Receipt will be acknowledged by email.
- On the upload form, please supply your name, address, birth date if you are 25 or younger, email address and phone number and a maximum of three sentences on how you qualify to enter the prize as a current resident of Gloucestershire or as someone born there.
- Please also supply a short biography (maximum 100 words) in the space provided.
- As the entry will be judged blind, please ensure your name does not appear anywhere on the document.
- All pages should be numbered.
- Use one-and-a-half or double line spacing.
- The competition is open to anyone who has not previously published a full-length work. Please see the 'About' page for further details.
- Entrants must be current residents of Gloucestershire or be residents elsewhere in the UK but born in Gloucestershire.
- Entries must be in Engish, must be your own unaided work, and must not be a translation of another writer's work.
- Entrants must be 16 or over on the closing date.
- Copyright remains with the authors, but we reserve the right to publish the winning entries on the Stroud Book Festival website for a year after the announcement (with the authors' prior approval). We also reserve the right to use any sound or video recordings of work for promotional use (also with the authors' prior approval).
- All decisions made by the judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should a named judge be unable to proceed, we aim to find an alternative judge of equivalent standing as an author/poet.
- The prize-giving will take place at an event at Stroud Book Festival in November 2022. Please note we cannot cover travel expenses for prize-winners.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to all contest rules. Contest rules are subject to change and will be kept up to date on our website.