SO NEAR…AND YET STILL A LITTLE WAY OFF!

Untitled-2

We’re sure you are aware that Stroud Book Festival is currently fundraising to make our 2020 online Festival (4-8 November) free and accessible to everyone, whatever their means, location or vulnerability to C-19.

Thank you to everyone who has already donated, it really means so much to us.

With our crowfunder now in its final fortnight, we’re pleased to say we have reached nearly 60% of our £10,000 target thanks to the support of over 120 donors. While we’re hugely grateful for all the donations we have received so far, we now have only 10 days to make up the remaining 40% of our target.

While the Festival will still go ahead, reaching our target means we will be able to bring you the best online programme we can. If you have previously attended and enjoyed Stroud Book Festival events, please consider donating whatever sum you might have spent on tickets this year.

We’ve received many wonderful messages in support of our free 2020 Festival including this from Kevin Cranston, Mayor of Stroud:

‘I love books and Stroud so it is really important that the Book Festival continues online and I look forward to next year being live again”.

Richard Townsend of this year’s lead sponsor, Bailey Paints says:

‘In these very troubled and difficult times Bailey Paints are very pleased to once again be sponsoring the Stroud Book Festival. It must have been tempting for the wonderful people who organise this event to give this year ‘a miss’. Instead we have a reminder that there are still good things in the world and something positive and exciting to look forward to.’

Amongst the host of wonderful authors signed up for this November are Joanna Trollope, Rachel Joyce, Kei Miller, Michael Cashman, Raynor Winn, and Cath Kidston. The 2020 Festival will also include a special tribute event to Stop Ecocide founder, Polly Higgins, along with an exciting range of children’s events for all ages, including a weekend event with Ben Miller, children’s author and TV comedian of “Armstrong and Miller” fame.

Now more than ever, we value books as a vital lifeline to a world outside the bubbles in which we have been living, and to ideas that empower, entertain, promote diversity and creativity in our society, and allow us to visit other lives and other places beyond our own experience. Help us to bring that lifeline to people in Stroud and beyond this coming autumn.

If you haven’t yet donated there is still time to help us reach our goal and pledge here: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/2020-stroud-book-festival

Thank you so much for your support! x

Can you help?

Social Media

Subscribe to us